Fabric Monitoring Program
Documentation before, during, and after production. Complete traceability of the components and materials involved in manufacturing your textiles.
Fabric and Textile QC Can Make or Break Your Product – and Your Customer’s Trust.
Whether you are a long-time fabric producer or working with a brand-new supplier, it takes just one skipped step at any stage of production to result in a poor-quality product. QAI inspects all the components of your final product, including fabric, paints, and other elements.
We provide documentation before, during, and after production for complete traceability of the components and materials involved in the manufacturing of your product.
Our 8-Step Fabric Monitoring and Material Management Process:
- Identify the materials being utilized during the specific production run.
- Inspect to ensure materials are same as ordered and select for testing.
- Perform physical/chemical property tests in our own CPSC-approved lab for meeting industry standards, including:
- AATCC 112 Formaldehyde Release
- ATCC 135-Shrinkage (3 Washes)
- AATCC 61 2A Wash Fastness
- AATCC 81:2001, PH Value
- ASTM D1059, Yarn Size
- ASTM D1424 Tear Elmendorf
- ASTM D1683 Seam Strength
- ASTM D3512 Random Tumble
- ASTM D3774, Fabric Width
- ASTM D3775 Threads Per Inch
- ASTM D3776 Fabric weight
- ASTM D434 Seam Slippage
- ASTM D5034 Tensile, Grab
- CFR 1610 Flammability of textile
- Greige / Fabric Type Weave
- Tag, segregate, and quarantine materials until tests results are confirmed.
- Provide a detailed QAI lab report on findings.
- Identify and confirm materials in factory storage.
- Perform optional in-progress and/or final inspections.
- Supervise shipment container loading with photo documentation.